Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Tomorrow: the Gods of Aazurn Kickstarter Ends



So we've unlocked the Horror Download Bonanza Stretch Goal Bonus over here at the Gods of Aazurn: Witches Kickstarter and you have only 30 hours or so to pledge on the three comics and the graphic novel, Witches.


While you kick back waiting for your 130-plus pages of story, Gods of Aazurn Memes, printed books, Zombie Portrait -- oh, and the stretch goal bonus books -- I leap into production mode.

- I'll have another look at the Memes to see if they can be cleverer, clearer, or more useful.

- I'll check through The Strange Worlds of Gustave Dore, Harry Clarke Illustrates Poe, Compendium of Demonology, and The Demons of Louis Le Breton to be sure they're presented as beautifully as horror can be.

- I'll organize the backer list to send to Caliber to get them rolling on mailing and emailing physical and digital book rewards.

- Gods of Aazurn #1, #2 and #3 are pretty much ready for you now. I'll check those through, too, because I'm a publishing guy and, hey, that's what I do.

This won't take long, it's just mental work. What DOES take long is Kickstarter collecting pledges. That will take a couple of weeks or more.




I will not be gathering moss. I haven't read the Witches script in a while and know I'll find some rewrites there. For the illustrations, I always start with electronic thumbnails, way more detailed than I really need, before digging into drawing, inks, and colors. My Patreon backers will follow along through this process with me.

Plus, my elderly parents have been wondering where I've been. I'll brave the driving Michigan snow, strong winds, and intense cold to visit them. They sleep a lot, so I can pull together the thumbnails there. And their town has a nice brewery just like mine, so I can be comfortable.

Am I ready to dig in? You betcha.

If you aren't one of the backers, you can't wait any longer. Go here:
StrangeHorror.com

Thank you so much!

In glorious service to our Aazurn overlords,
Gary Scott Beatty
StrangeHorror.com


No comments:

Post a Comment